Ever wondered how to clean a glass cooktop? Here is a super quick and easy way, with only three ingredients! I use this on my cooktop every day!!
I don’t know about you, but I really like to have a clean kitchen. When my house is a mess the first place I like to clean, is my kitchen! It makes me feel refreshed! I first start by clearing off all the counters and put everything in the sink, then I do the dishes. Then, I clean the counters, which definitely includes the top of my stove!!
I’ll be honest, I hated cleaning the stove when I was younger. But I recently moved into a new home and bought a new stove. Ever since then I have wanted to keep the top of my stove as clean and untouched as possible!! 😀
I found the following process to work really well! You can use this process on one concentrated spot, or you can use it over the whole cooktop! Hope you have as much fun cleaning as I do!
How to Clean a Glass Cooktop:
- Start with a dirty stove 🙂
- Sprinkle Dawn Dish soap over the cooktop
- Add Baking Soda over the cooktop
- Add hydrogen peroxide
- Start Scrubbing.. Usually I start by using my fingers. This helps the baking soda and hydrogen peroxide mix in without splattering. Have fun by making designs 🙂 Or letting your kids “help” mom clean using the scrubber! My son loves to help mommy on this step! Sometimes we get creative and draw pictures in the soap 🙂
- Wait for a few minutes before washing it off. I usually wait 3 or so minutes. (If I have any other dishes to finish, I do that now).
- Now wipe clean!!
- Dry stove so there aren’t any streak marks. I like to use a microfiber cloth just so it doesn’t leave any fibers behind that paper towels can leave.
- Be blown away with how clean your stovetop is!
Now you have a super clean cooktop and you had a blast doing it!! (My favorite part: playing in the soap!! :D)